Saturday, January 4, 2014

Week 1: Cookies - Hot Cocoa Cookies [Baking]

Intro from the Baking Challenge: We're starting off simple. Bake a batch of cookies! There are millions of cookie recipes out there, from the ol' reliable chocolate chip cookie to nearly anything you can think of! So pick an old favorite or go for something completely new! To start off the year on a slightly educational note, here is a handy dandy little guide to how ingredient ratios affect the chemistry of the humble chocolate chip cookie.


I made these as part of my annual Christmas cookie extravaganza.  I was really pleased with how they came out - they were a perfect wintery treat!  And they definitely tasted like hot cocoa.  My only regret is that I couldn't find the Mallow Bits called for in the recipe, so I just used mini marshmallows and they ended up flattening out after the second stint in the oven.

Recipe taken from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment