Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Week 25: Healthy - Summer Fruit Terrine [Baking]

Intro from Baking Challenge: Making up a bit for last week's naughty alcohol challenge, this week's theme is...healthy! Maybe you could try taking one of your favorite recipes and making a healthy substitution - like bananas for fats or applesauce for sugar. Or, try something all new! How about a nice, light, (and fat free!) angel food cake (so good with some fresh berries!), a whole wheat bread, or a lovely veggie lasagnaHappy baking!


Stealing from last week's cooking challenge, I made this terrine of summer fruits.  For those of us who are not so fancy, it's basically jello with fruit. I used the recipe found here, which uses rosé wine and had a really nice flavor.  I didn't happen to have a lime on hand, so I used lemon instead.  My summer fruits included strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, all of which went really well with the rosé.

No comments:

Post a Comment