Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 33: Savory - Salmon-Stuffed Puff Pastry [Baking]

Intro from Baking Challenge: Hello bakers! This week's challenge is savory. Breads, casseroles (baked jalapeno mac and cheese is my favorite), lasagna, chicken parmigiana - these are just some of many tasty baked dishes that you might conjure up this week. Happy baking!


When I think of savory baking, I immediately think of puff pastry - so for this week's challenge I made a salmon and spinach stuffed puff pastry based on this recipe. I simplified it (and brought down the price) quite a bit by using frozen spinach, which I defrosted in a small pot of boiling water (about 1 cup) and then sauteed with olive oil, minced garlic, and salt & pepper. I removed the skin from the salmon and rubbed it down with some dijon mustard before placing it on the puff pastry sheet, covering with spinach, and folding up. My spinach is on the bottom (compared to the pictures in the original recipe) because I flipped the bundle over so the seam was on the bottom, to prevent the pastry from opening up while baking.

No comments:

Post a Comment