Monday, August 18, 2014

Week 32: Your Favorites - Thanksgiving Leftover Sandwiches [Cooking]

Intro from Cooking Challenge: This week’s theme is: your favorites! This is like the free space on a bingo card, so you can cook pretty much anything – your mom’s famous meatloaf, Buffalo wings, banana cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, char siu bao, whatever floats your boat. Hopefully this is enough to inspire you!



My favorite meal, by far, is Thanksgiving dinner. I could probably eat an entire turkey myself, along with all the stuffing, mashed potatoes, yams, corn, and cranberry sauce. However, all the prep involved with Thanksgiving is a bit more than I can manage on a weeknight while balancing school and work, so I opted to make leftover sandwiches. Plus, we all know turkey tastes better the day after anyway!

I picked up a turkey breast and covered it in a marinade of minced garlic, dry mustard, thyme, rosemary, basil, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice. I roasted it in an oven preheated to 325F for about two hours with a cup of red wine. Once the turkey had rested, I put it in the fridge. A few days later, I baked puff pastries and made sandwiches with sliced turkey, mashed sweet potatoes, and a sliver of cranberry sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment